For the complete meal, also check out the Stovetop Smoked Salmon.
This is a great substitute for mashed potatoes, I’m alllllmost to the point where I prefer it.
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Head Garlic
- 2 T Butter
- 1 t Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Remove most of the outer layers of paper on a head of garlic, but leave enough to keep the head together.
- Cut off the top of the head.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garlic.
- Wrap it in aluminum foil and put it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until tender when you stick a knife in.
- While the garlic is cooking, start the cauliflower.
- Quarter a head of cauliflower then cut out the florets to about 2" pieces.
- Place in steamer basket over boiling water, put the lid on and let them steam.
- Steam until florets are tender when you stick a knife in.
- Remove from heat and put in a food processor, pulse to whip them.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the roasted garlic and whip again to combine everything.
- Garnish with parsley.
I did my cauliflower in two batches so it would fit in my steamer basket and food processor, but then combined everything for the last step to whip together the garlic, butter, salt & pepper.