Om nom nom we loves us some fish tacos. Mostly because I always say “allow me to feed you some delicious fishes”.
Seriously though, these have been on the roster every week since last spring.
If I’m feeling like I have more time than normal and want to be super healthy I’ll make the cauliflower tortillas (yummy, but time consuming). Lately we’re low on time so I go with regular tortillas.
We use a variety of white fish (mahi mahi, wahoo, cod, etc) and totally suggest buying frozen portions from Sprouts. The nutrition below uses mahi mahi as the fish, if you are recording this using something like Lose It! it’s pretty quick to put the ingredients in one by one. Also, if you use Lose It! did you know you can scan the barcode on packaged food (including frozen fish) to get the nutrition? So easy!
- Frozen portion of white fish (mahi mahi, wahoo, cod, etc), thawed.
- 1 avocado
- 2 c Cabbage, sliced wafer thin
- ½ c Cilantro
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 4 T Ground Coriander
- Heat a french oven or other sturdy pot on the stove over medium
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Generously sprinkle ground coriander on both sides of the fish.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to both sides of the fish.
- Heat olive oil in pan, once hot add fish.
- Brown each side and make sure fish is cooked all the way through.
- Slice avocado thinly.
- Slice cabbage super thin.
- Slice cilantro into thin pieces.
- Heat tortilla in microwave or on grill until warm.
- Add all ingredients and enjoy!