A food diary is one of the best ways to really see what you are doing with your diet. My favorite tool is the Lose It! app — and a group of us are going to do a 4 week challenge.
- Log all of your food, every day.
- Starts Tuesday, March 10
- Ends Tuesday April 7
- Download Lose It App ›
- Send a friend request to me at my gmail address (get it here).
- I’ll add you to the group
- OR you can search for: Leans Greens & RDLs 4 week logging challenge and join it (it’s a public event).
- You do NOT need to pay for the upgraded version of Lose It.
A few Lose It! Tips:
- The free version gets you everything you need, I only went to paid when I got super nerdy about tracking hydration and macronutrients.
- If you eat anything out of a package, be sure to take advantage of the barcode scanner function to input your food.
- Once you have done this for a while it will get faster because it will pull up your previous foods and meals.
- You can put in things you haven’t eaten yet and then check them off — this is also good if you have a few extra calories in the day and want to know what you can still eat.
- It will broadcast what you gain/lose to your friends, but it doesn’t share your weight. Once you have set up an account you can edit privacy settings here ›
- You can log with the app on your phone, tablet and device. I have all of these synced with my account so I can still track something if I don’t have my phone at my desk.
If you have any questions jump over to the Facebook Group ›